Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weeks 7 and 8: The Slow Reveal

Yes, I am cheating for more time.  I vowed to write each week about my process leading up to the Marietta/Cobb Museum Show, but I just couldn't get it done last week.  I apologize, but in my defense I have been consumed by all the mixed media work.  I think I might have been lost for a few days under a pile of epoxy, sawdust and varnish.

As I start the assembly process I am challenging myself to take this portion of my work to the next level as well.  My studio looks like a bomb hit it as I pull out different objects and try different techniques.




I will follow up with more images of the assembly process next week.  But, in the meantime, to make up for my lost blog I would like to share some images of the new work coming out of the studio.


"Desire"


"Prey"
"The Appeal"

"Riveted"